So, so what? I made some doughnuts

I totally know my creative limitations. I don't try to pretend I'm an amazing seamstress. Most of what I know, I learned from Mrs. Kehl in 7th grade. (Do they even teach sewing in middle school anymore?) I mean, I've improved, and I can now make things in a few hours instead of the 3 weeks it took at Desert Shadows. But still, I know what I can do. And mostly it involves a straight stitch and no zippers. (I still have nightmares about zippers!)

After seeing the felt breakfast, a good friend mentioned how awesome it would be if I made doughnuts. Yes, it would be awesome. But a third dimension? Can't do it.

But the story she told was so funny and great that it was like a challenge I couldn't pass up. I had to make doughnuts for her kids. So I looked at some doughnuts online and figured out a pattern and went to work. The first one,...not so good. The hole in the middle was too big and it just looked kinda odd.

But I finally figured it out. And I was so excited, I drove over to my friend's house forced her into a playgroup just so I could give them to her.

So, friend, thanks for the challenge! And the playgroup! Next time we meet, though, I hope there are less kids and more booze.

4 comments

phoodie said...

Si se puede!

pandapanda said...

LOVE THEM!
so would my children, they love doughnuts!

Jays said...

So what was the funny story?

Stephanie Perkins said...

Hi, Courtney! I was so thrilled to find you on my blog this morning! And this is semi-crazy, because last night -- just last night -- I dreamed I sewed a doughnut. Pink felt strawberry frosting with bead sprinkles, of course.

I LOVE these. So cute!