N-n-now th-that don't kill me, can only make me stronger...

I've been having trouble coming up with projects lately. I think part of it is lack of time to browse and drool over various websites. And part of it is because I am without my laptop. Seems my boys were playing and spilled milk on the keyboard. I took it in and they replaced the keyboard and it was only like $100. So that was pretty awesome. We thought she was a goner. I brought her home and set her back up, and downloaded a free drawing software a friend recommended. I started to teach myself how to use it and read some tutorials and stuff. Then I went to make dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs. Our house is set up so you cannot see the living room from the kitchen. After an eerily peaceful preparation, I took my bowl of spaghetti and meatballs and sat down on the couch to eat and read about Inkscape. I looked over and there were small puddles of water on my brand new keyboard. As well a glass tipped over on the floor.

I had my computer for 6 hours before it was drenched a second time. 

So I took it back. And this time? She needs a new motherboard. Now I had to decide whether to fix it or buy a new one. And that was a tough decision. I had to call in my panel of experts. Three phone calls, one hour of texting later, I decided, based on their advice, to keep the laptop and have it repaired. It's nice having my own tech department. 

Last night for dinner we had a frittata. Full of bacon, mushrooms, shallots, (grated. thanks, Cameron!), and leftover california vegetable blend. As I was plating my own dinner, in walks Hartwell with my cell phone. Which means they're in my purse. I walk into the living room to find my camera out with the lens not retracted. And it won't close. Lens error. 

It's like living with small, destructive aliens. 

I need to stop using The Secret for new things. Because, all that means is the universe breaks all my old stuff so I have to replace it. And it's starting to bug me.

Since I have no new photos to share, I thought I'd post my favorite Christmas gift ever. Thanks, Lynn*!


*I'd link to her website but she DOESN'T HAVE ONE!




3 comments

Jays said...

Tip: you can sell your broken camera on eBay. I was amazed how much money I got for the two broken cameras I sold recently (thanks Maggie!).

MuseBootsi said...

Nice! eBay has proved to be a delicious enterprise for me...

Anonymous said...

Had I known that, I wouldn't have slammed my last broken Canon against a rock.