Irashaimase!

 
I took the boys to a sushi restaurant for lunch this week. I blame Disney. Between Mulan and Monsters, Inc., I had no choice. I know they don't seem like sushi movies, but Mulan is Asian and in Monsters, Inc. Mike Wazowski takes Celia to Harryhausen's for an anniversary dinner. Which is a monster flavored sushi restaurant. Combine that with the Melissa and Doug sushi set Hartwell got for his birthday, you have a sushi crazed boy. Make that "Shushi." 

The place we went was great. The servers thought it was adorable that my boys wanted to try the sushi. And they put my in a booth at the back of the restaurant, my favorite! They also checked on us a lot and wanted to know what the boys thought.

We ordered the Sushi Fun Plate, so the boys could make their own sushi. Mostly they just ate the rice and played with the "bubbles," which was the salmon roe.

The next day, Hartwell asked to go eat at the sushi restaurant with the rectangle cookies. I'm pretty sure he thinks sushi is rice balls, orange juice and orange sherbet with a wafer cookie.

Not close at all, buddy.

3 comments

Robert D. Skeels * rdsathene said...

I'm up for some ice cream sushi as well!

MuseBootsi said...

Mmmmm..ice cream sushi...

Janna said...

Sushi! I love a creamy crab roll!

How fun! Way to go mom!

I love your book covers too!