Cabinet Fever.

I recently received $250 from the universe and set about to get my IKEA on. I knew the piece I wanted and was all ready for Saturday, when John and I would head to IKEA to get the giant butcher block cabinet. It was $329, but with my free extra money, it was now affordable. I went to the website to see if it was in stock, the last time I was there I didn't see any assembled. And there were none. Not at any of the 4 IKEA's in Southern California. Ratsass.

We decided to go anyway and see if something else would work. Thank gods for the drop-in play area! John and I wandered around, me feeling like NOTHING else would work, and John trying to figure out how to make me happy. We ended up with this:
Which is like what I wanted but without the drawers. (It was $249. Coincidence? I think the universe knew what I needed better than I did). It's actually pretty roomy. I had trouble filling it. Now it houses Lego and puzzles and stuff. So it's in easy reach for the boys.

John put it together last night. He's an IKEA expert because the TV show he works on uses a ton of it. He's put together entire closets. Here's what I found in the kitchen when I went to help:
Virgos. You can't live with 'em.
So now I have miles of counter space.

I don't know if you can see in the photo, but our dishwasher is at the end with a butcher block on top. We're actually going to remove the Formica top on the dishwasher and replace it with an old oak table top piece to make a butcher block island. It'll be cut to size and routed to fit. 

John didn't want to keep the table top. But I said, "NO! We can cut it down for something in the future!" He thought I was crazy. Who's crazy now?


Still me.

No comments