Shelf Life

Remember this? I found it at a thrift store for $10. Which is highway robbery considering I just purchased three solid wood tables, including a five foot coffee table, from another thrift store for $35. But who's counting?

It took me forever to figure out what to do. I knew I wanted it white, but it looked so sloppy when I painted it. The first painter did not know I would be using a gloss over the green. It all worked out, though because I just distressed it letting the lime show through.

Here it is:
 As you can see, I found knobs and cups that that fit together. But how to hide the threads of the screw? My husband bought some metal tube pieces, but we would've had to cut them and all that to get them to fit. So I took some twine and a glue gun, heading back to my Mormon roots, and just wrapped and glued. It also provides a soft spot upon which the cup hangs!

Also? I need to buy two more cups. But $12 each is a little much. So I'm gonna buy them one at a time. That'll show 'em.


The DIY Show Off

3 comments

Tracy said...

Nice! I LOVE the green showing through, looks great!

Unknown said...

cute shelf love the knobs

Anonymous said...

I, too, am thankful for trees.